Our first response to people who are wondering how much weight they can lose with liposuction is that they should consider liposuction not as a method for weight loss, but as a method for local weight loss and body shaping. It is used to remove fat that does not go away despite regular diet and exercise.
If there is an unbalanced distribution of fat in the body and the desired proportion of the body cannot be achieved, then liposuction is a very correct application to remove this accumulated fat from the body and achieve the desired result. During the application of liposuction, the fat tissue accumulated in the unwanted area of the body is collected and removed by liposuction, resulting in a more curvy and slimmer body.
The amount of body thinning as a result of liposuction depends entirely on the individual.
How does the body change after lipo?
During the application, you can remove up to 4-6 kg of fat, and therefore you can lose weight by one to three dress sizes, depending on the body structure and shape of the person. It is usually desirable that a person’s weight be as close to ideal before liposuction surgery.
With liposuction, a maximum of 4-5 liters of fat can be removed from the human body. Since there is puffiness in the area where the procedure is performed after application, the removed fat and the expected relief may not be noticed immediately. After about 2-3 months, with a complete decrease in edema, the desired weight loss in the body is achieved.
Depending on the amount of excess fat in the area that is taken during liposuction, two sizes dress size drops by thinning in this area.
Liposuction can be done easily through thin cannulas in areas where there is fat accumulation, like chin, neck, chest, waist, hips, abdomen, thighs, knees and legs.
In addition to all this, liposuction is not only a cosmetic procedure, but also a medical procedure. It is used for medicinal purposes after lymphedema, lipodystrophy syndrome, gynecomastia, removal of lipomas and obesity.
- In patients with lymphedema, lymphatic fluid accumulates between the tissues for a long time and chronically. Fluid buildup usually occurs in the arms and legs. In such cases, the swollen part and connective tissue can be removed from the body by liposuction. Since lymphatic bypass surgery is ineffective, especially in patients with advanced lymphedema, the only way to reduce excess volume in the patient’s arms and legs is to remove the swollen area surrounded by connective tissue by liposuction. Thus, the patient partially gets rid of the discomfort and pain that he is experiencing.
- With lipodystrophy syndrome, the accumulation of excess fat occurs in one part of the patient’s body, while in another part of the body, adipose tissue is completely lost. In this case, thanks to the use of liposuction, a more natural shape of the body is provided by removing fat deposits in areas of human discomfort.
- Gynecomastia, that is, breast enlargement in men, occurs due to hormonal reasons or excess fatty tissue. Excessive accumulation of fat in breast tissue can occur in one or both breasts. In this case, liposuction can be performed for patients who do not wish to undergo gynecomastia surgery. As a result, by ensuring the equal size of both breasts, a person gets rid of excess fat accumulation in the chest area and huge breast growth.
- Lipomas are benign fatty tumors that, as a rule, are genetically located in the human body, they do not harm a person, but rather bother a person, creating a cosmetic problem. These benign fatty tumors are removed by liposuction, and the person gets rid of the appearance of discomfort.
- Abnormalities can occur in obese patients who lose large amounts of weight. After weight loss, an uncomfortable appearance may appear, especially in areas where there is a lot of topical hydrations. Thanks to liposuction, you can improve the overall appearance of the person and correct the shape of the body, providing an improvement in the places where this accumulated fat is.
How much weight can you lose from liposuction?
The amount of weight lost by liposuction is one of the most common questions, but this question is asked due to a misunderstanding. Liposuction is not a way to lose weight. As a person increases weight, the number of fat cells does not increase. The number of fat cells in the body is constant.
Since you are only gaining weight for reasons such as poor and unhealthy diet, drug use, and pregnancy, volume expansion occurs in these existing fat cells, and the amount of fat in the cell increases.
Thanks to liposuction, excess fat is removed and the body is given the desired shape. Although a maximum of 5 liters of fat can be removed by liposuction, this does not mean that the patient will lose 5 kilograms. The reflection of a liter as a kilogram is unambiguous. One-liter equals 1/3 of the volumetric weight
Liposuction is not a way to lose weight and it does not have a significant effect on the quality of the skin. While the fats accumulated in a particular area during application are removed by absorption, problems such as cellulite, stria and sagging due to the elasticity of the skin cannot be eliminated.
How much should I weigh for liposuction?
Our answer for those wondering how much weight should be for liposuction is that your BMI should be 30 or less. In other words, if a person’s body weight is divided by the square of their height, the result should be 30 or less. For example, the maximum weight of a person with a height of 170 cm should be 86-87 kg for liposuction. Only in this way can your BMI be 30 or less.
How soon after lipo will I see results?
Since there is a n edema in the application area after liposuction surgery, the results are not immediately visible. However, as the swelling decreases in the first month, the patient gradually begins to notice a difference. Approximately 2-3 months after liposuction, the swelling completely decreases and the body turns to its final shape.
How does the body change after lipo?
There may be bruising and pain in the application areas immediately after the liposuction operation. You must wear pressure garment given to you tightly. Wearing the pressure garment tightly will both prevent the formation of bruises and reduce edema and allow the results to be seen faster.
After 1 week, your pain and bruises will go away. However, when you remove the corset, you may feel a slight fullness and pain. This is an indication that the edema is not completely gone. Edema may persist for about 4 weeks. During this period, eating protein-rich foods, drinking plenty of water and exercising will reduce edema faster.
The effect of liposuction becomes visible after about 4-6 weeks. The fat in the parts of your body that you do not want is gone and your body is reshaped.