One of the most sensitive points of women is their faces. At first glance, we tend to focus on the face. Old-looking and sagging facial contours are one of the biggest fears for women. In traditional face-lift surgeries, women may have to continue their daily life as bandages for weeks after the operation, however, thanks to The Mini Face Lift surgery, patients could have young facial features and continue their lives with minimal scarring and have bandages for only a couple of days.
This is the reason; we do recommend the Mini Face Lift surgery to have a more natural and rested look on our patients’ facial features. Mini Face Lift surgery is performed on the lower half of the face. It is performed to remove sagging skin on the cheek and mandible contours. It is one of the facial aesthetic surgeries.
Different surgical techniques are used in this facial aesthetic operation, known as mini face lift surgery. The common point of these surgical methods is to perform facial rejuvenation with shorter skin incisions in suitable candidates compared to classical full face lift surgery.
- What are the Reasons for a Saggy Face?
- What is Mini Face Surgery?
- The Process After Mini Face Lift Surgery
- How Much Does the Mini Face Lift Surgery Cost in Turkey?
What are the Reasons for a Saggy Face?
The main reason for the saggy face is the age factor. As we age, our face gets sag due to gravity. Other factors of sagging and wrinkling are genetic factors, smoking and alcohol habits, irregular nutrition, stress, and sleep disorder.
Who is Suitable for Mini Face Lift Surgery?
If the middle of the face, jawline, and neck area has started to sag and wrinkles around the lip and eyes have deepened, patients may consider facelift surgery after the age of 40 for both men and women.
What are the Advantages of the Mini Face Lift?
- Since it is performed in cases where the signs of aging on the person’s face are not very advanced, it can be performed at younger ages, for example, from the age of 40, in reference to full facelift surgery,
- After the operation, there is no incision mark behind the ear and on the neck. The scars in front of the ear are hidden in areas such as the inside of the ear and the hairline,
- In the operation, sagging skin on the jaw and neck and cheeks is removed with a short incision,
- It is only possible to intervene in the sagging of the jaw with even shorter incisions.
- Moderate neck sagging is corrected,
- The sagging tissues are hung up, not sideways, with the help of stitches to the areas where they used to be. Therefore, the aesthetic result is very natural,
- The cheek skin is lifted less than the classical full face lift method. The risk of possible complications such as blood circulation disorder in the skin and blood collection under the skin is less,
- The operation is shorter than neck lift,
- There is less edema and swelling after the operation,
- After the operation, it is possible to return to normal life faster,
- It is done at an earlier age, so the age period of 40 to 60 is spent younger and more dynamic,
- Facial rejuvenation seems more natural due to the environment.
What is Mini Face Surgery?
During the mini facelift surgery, fat, muscle and nerve tissues that form the lower face are hung to prevent sagging and the excess skin is removed. Moreover, the Mini Face Lift Surgery could be done for upper and lower eyelids to improve the imperfections. Since the face is whole, it is recommended to improve all the sag of the face during the surgery.
If the patient is over 60 years old, sagging could also be seen in the neck area. Therefore, during the Mini Face Lift Surgery, the neck muscle could be improved as if the person wears an inner corset. This helps the saggy skin to be tight. For the patients who are overweight, it may also be required to remove fat from the neck area as well.
The Mini Face Lift surgery is performed under local anesthesia. During the surgery, the saggy skin gets tightened without the need for general anesthesia. This helps skin to look younger and wrinkle-free. Therefore, the saggy look improved and the skin looks more vigorous and tighter as it was 10 years ago. Finally, the operation takes an average of 1 to 2 hours.
What Should be Considered Before Mini Face Lift Surgery?
The general health of the patient should not have any problems that may prevent surgery. Blood thinners and nutritional supplements such as aspirin, green tea or vitamin E should not be consumed 2 weeks (about 15 days) before the surgery.
Facial circulatory disorders and poor wound recovery problems are very common in smokers and should definitely be stopped at least 1 month before (Some doctors may not perform full face lift surgery for smokers).
How is Mini Face Lift Surgery Performed?
An incision of 5-7 centimeters is made, starting from the side of the patient’s hair, in the ear and extending from the front of the ear to the earlobe (not behind the ear).
The facial skin is lifted in a limited area on the cheekbone and cheek, and some neck skin. The sagging tissues on the cheekbones and cheeks are pulled upwards with the help of sutures and fixed to fixed points.
If necessary, liposuction is applied to the jowl area of the patient. The sagging in the jowl area can also be corrected by pulling the chin corners and cheeks upwards with stitches on both sides.
The cheekbones appear fuller, the deep grooves between the nose and mouth corners are corrected, the sagging of the cheeks are eliminated, and the jowl and neck area are rejuvenated.
The operation is performed in a short time and there is less risk of complications.
After the surgery, edema is less and the time to return to normal is faster compared to full facelift surgery.
The operation takes approximately 1,5-2.5 hours. This operation can be performed intravenously under sedative and local anesthesia. It is generally performed under general anesthesia as a combined surgery with eyelid aesthetics and fat injection.
Candidates for mini face lift surgery are younger than full face lift or those whose sagging is not severe.
How Does The Mini Face Lift Differ From Classic Face Lift Surgery?
The Mini Facelift is different from the Classic Face Lift surgery. It is aimed to gain a natural result by using minimal incisions. The Mini Face Lift is recommended for the patients aged between 40-60, for those who want to control their sagging skin especially lower face. By having a mini facelift, individuals could delay the effect of aging.
If the patient has deformations around the eye and eyebrow area and sagging on the cheeks is intense, we would recommend having a Face Lift instead of a Mini Face Lift surgery.
The Process After Mini Face Lift Surgery
- If the operation is performed under general anesthesia, the patient stays in the hospital for one night. The patient can start feeding with soft foods 4 hours after the surgery.
- The patient lies in a semi-sitting position and cold application is applied to the operating areas.
- It is recommended by the doctor to avoid movements that increase blood pressure (such as excessive straining on the toilet, bending forward).
- The patient should not smoke after the surgery as before, and blood thinners and foods should not be consumed.
- Especially in the first week after the operation, heavy and challenging work should not be done, only rest is recommended.
- All of the sutures are removed 3 and 7 days after the operation.
- The person can easily return to work and social life in a controlled manner after the operation.
- The patient can do sports after an average of 6 weeks after the operation.
- The swelling and naturalization process after the surgery is better every week, and it can vary between 1 and 6 months depending on the combined procedures performed and the wound recovery characteristics of the patient.
- There may be a loss of sensation on the cheek skin in the first months, this is normal and comes back over time.
- In the first weeks after the operation, scars can be hidden by combing the hair on women. Concealer can be used on the scars. It may take an average of 1 year for the scars to take their final form.
- It is not recommended to sunbathe for at least 2 months after the operation.
- During the first weeks after the operation, there may be facial asymmetries and the edema may not regress completely symmetrically, this is a very natural process.
How is the Recovery Period?
The Mini Face Lift takes place under the local anesthesia. It is normal to notice swelling and bruising after the Mini Face Lift surgery however, these will recover after the first week. An average of 3 days is required for the patient to return to their daily life. Then the patients could start to put makeup on and use their facial expressions.
After the Mini Face Lift surgery, the patients will recognize the most natural and effective result after 3 months when the edema is completely reduced. We do recommend avoiding sun exposure for 2 months after the Mini Face Lift Surgery.
Will There be Any Scars Left After the Mini Face Lift Surgery?
In the Mini Face Lift Surgery, the surgery scars are usually hidden in the scalp and anatomical folds such as behind the ear. Therefore, after the surgery, there will not be any obvious scar. In the Mini Face Surgery, smaller incisions are made compared to the Traditional Face Lift Surgery. Since the sagging of the face is improved with the help of stitches without cutting any facial muscles, there will not be any intense scar afterwards.
Is the Mini Face Lift Surgery Painful?
After the classic facelift surgery, patients may feel pain however, the recovery period after the Mini Face Lift Surgery is less painful compared to the other operations. Moreover, post-surgery pains could be taken under control by using simple painkillers.
Which Surgery is Performed in Combination with a Mini Face Lift?
During the same surgery, the most frequently combined aesthetic operations with mini facelift surgery are the removal of bags on the eyelids and the injection of fat into the face.
How Much Does the Mini Face Lift Surgery Cost in Turkey?
Mini Face Lift Surgery prices may vary according to some factors. While determining the Mini Face Lift price, factors such as the experience of the doctor, the hospital where the surgery will be performed, the date of the surgery, whether there are additional aesthetic procedures to be performed on the face, and the degree of deformation on the person’s face can change the price. You can contact us for Mini Face Lift Surgery and Current Surgery Price information.
The prices of mini face lift operations vary according to the technique to be applied. For the most accurate price information for you, it would be appropriate for you to be examined first. You can contact us directly to make an appointment for an examination and to get general information about the prices of mini face lift operation.
For Turkish Ministry of Health-accredited centers, it is not legal to specify prices on their website. Therefore, please dial +90212 241 46 24 to contact our clinic and get information on our Mini Face Lift Prices in Istanbul.
We wish you healthy and happy days.