Breast implants (also referred as prosthesis) are used to increase the size of the breasts. According to reports, 9 per 1000 had the breast implant every year & this continues to increase every year.
Breast implants are usually done by implanting artificial devices under the breast tissue. Saline-filled & silicone-gel-filled are the two approved types of breast implants.
Have you decided to have a breast implant but are confused about what type of breast implant you should do?
Saline-filled implants surgery
Saline-filled implant surgery is for the woman aged 18 or above. In saline-filled surgery, the implants are filled with the sterile salt water after inserting it. Womans who are looking for breast reconstruction or for breast augmentation can consider this surgery. They are no more preferred.
Silicone-gel-filled implant surgery
Silicone-gel-filled implant surgery is one of the best breast implant surgeries. In this surgery, implants are filled with the silicone gel before inserting it. Silicone-gel-filled considered as the best surgery because the implants give the real feel of human breast tissue as it’s made up of poly (dimethyl siloxane) elastomer shell-like thick & sticky fluid.
Why one should choose breast implants?
- To look sexy & feel confident about your body shape.
- If you have just undergone through mastectomy then you can get back your good body curves back by breast implants.
- Womans who are having small breasts & always have a dream about big breasts.
- To make your breasts symmetrical (if there is an asymmetry problem).
- Womans who have lost weight during their pregnancy can opt the breast implants to get the desired shape.
- Womans usually loose their breasts shape & volume after their 40s & 50s and a breasts implant can help them to get the volume back & increase their appearance.
- According to a survey, woman’s clothes are mostly designed for a C cup size and breasts implant can give them an attractive shape for better fit.
Risks of breast implants
All breast implants surgeries are approved by the FDA but it’s always good to learn about the risks associated with breast implants. Let’s see what are the risks…
- Breast pain in some cases
- Implant rupture
- May be have a breast sensation problems for a temporary time
- Bad Scarring
- In some special cases, anesthesia problem may occur
- Can cause BIA-ALCL (Breast implant associated-anaplastic large cell lymphoma) or in simple language immune system cancer.
These risks can be handled by getting more surgeries. Before getting any decision, don’t forget to book an online appointment now.
You can consider some factors mentioned below before getting breast implants…
- Remember one thing that you might need extra surgeries after getting breast implants to make your breasts look better and in shape.
- You would be surely thinking that your insurance will cover everything. But it’s not true! As insurance doesn’t cover cosmetic surgeries such as breast augmentation, breast reconstruction or more. You need to be prepared for these expenses before getting breast implants.
- According to FDA (Food & Drug Administration), womans should undergo for an MRI scan after every 3 to 5 years.
- Breast implants might not last for the life as around 25% woman’s breast implants was removed after 10 years. So, its not guaranteed at all. It depends person to person who got affected again due to weight gain or weight loss.
Are you able to do breastfeeding after breast implants?
This is one of the most asked questions from the patient side that are they able to do breastfeeding or not after the implants. So, the answer is yes. Most of the woman still able to feed the milk to their child after getting breast implants.
In some cases, breast implants can affect the amount of milk production but it can’t stop the supply of the milk supply from the mother’s breasts. Breast implants are basically inserted behind the milk glands or under the chest which never affects the supply of milk. Prolactin & oxytocin are the two hormones whose levels increases when baby suckles on breast. If these nerves are damaged then it can reduce the sensitivity and can produce less amount of milk.
How you should breastfeed baby after breast implants?
We are mentioning some important tips that can help you to increase your milk supply.
- Breastfeed your baby 8-10 times a day. It will help to increase the milk production and sensation of your breasts.
- In 2012, a study found that pumping the breasts can lead to increase in milk production.
- Some studies also suggests to use herbal galactagogues such as fenugreek, milk thistle & fennel to naturally increase the milk production. Consult with your doctor before taking any medicine into consideration.
- Make sure your baby latches properly while drinking the milk. In order to observe the baby’s latch & position, you can talk with the best lactation consultant. Also if you are producing less amount of milk, you can talk with pediatrician. Some quick checks to make sure if baby is getting enough milk or not after breast implants:
- If your breasts feel like hard full, it means the baby haven’t get enough milk supply.
- If the baby starts making little noises while breastfeeding then it might be due to the wrong latched position.
- Sometimes, your baby may develop jaundice due to improper breastfeed.
What is Breast Implant Surgery Prices?
Around 3 million womans undergo for breast implants every year. Breast implants are one of the most famous cosmetic surgeries. Before getting any decision, you should always consult with an experienced surgeon. As there are many people who claim themselves as experts but you might be regret in future about your decision.
There are many countries such as Turkey which offers top treatments for cosmetic surgeries such as breast augmentation, breast reduction or butt lift operations. Prices in Turkey are less as compared to other European countries as cosmetic surgeries can cost you a lot so you should choose the best and reasonable.
So what are you waiting for? Make a list of famous & trusted doctors and book an appointment with them. If you have any queries regarding breast implants then don’t forget to book an appointment with us.