Liposuction is a body shaping, slimming and fat removal application. Lipectomy is recommended to those who want to get rid of their regional fats permanently.
Liposuction is a minimally invasive surgical procedure that removes excess fat and re-creates the desired body proportions.Liposuction, also known as lipoplasty, liposculpture or lipectomy, is performed to remove localized fat deposits from the abdomen, thighs, buttocks, arms, neck, or lower leg. With this procedure, excess fat is removed from the person’s body with vacuuming. You can bid farewell to your fats which you cannot get rid of by exercises and diets. Lipectomy which is fat vacuuming is not a weight losing technique. You can use Lipo for fats in your buttocks, hips, upper legs, arms and abdomen that you cannot manage to melt down. Liposuction is not fit for those whose body-mass index is over 30 and those who have obesity. Liposuction is not a means for losing weight, but an aesthetic procedure that can emphasize the contours of the body.
Liposuction is a procedure that shapes the body and slims it by removing extra fat deposits. Liposuction is not a weight losing procedure it helps just reshape the body. Liposuction is recommended for patients who want to get rid of stubborn fat permanently.
Liposuction is a minimally invasive surgical procedure that removes excess fat and re-creates the desired body proportions.Liposuction, also known as lipoplasty, liposculpture or lipectomy, is performed to remove localized fat deposits from the abdomen, thighs, buttocks, arms, neck, or lower leg. With this procedure, excess fat is removed from the person’s body with vacuuming. You can bid farewell to your fats which you cannot get rid of by exercises and diets. Lipectomy can be used for the removal of fat from buttocks, hips, upper legs, arms and abdomen.The fat located in these areas can be not easy to melt with exercises and diet. The patients who have body mass index higher than Liposuction which is fat vacuuming is not a weight losing technique. You can use Liposuction for fats in your buttocks, hips, upper legs, arms and abdomen that you cannot manage to melt down. Lipectomy is not fit for those whose body-an 30 is suitable for the liposuction. Liposuction is not a means for losing weight, but an aesthetic procedure that can emphasize the contours of the body.
Liposuction can be used to treat certain conditions.
Lipo is mainly used to improve one’s appearance and not to provide any physical health benefit. Most people would probably achieve the same or better results by adopting a healthy lifestyle with a balanced diet, regular exercise, and a healthy sleep schedule.
Liposuction is usually only recommended if lifestyle changes have not affected the desired results. Liposuction can help remove fat traps or areas that are resistant to exercise and diet. As a person gains weight, each fat cell increases in size and volume.Lipo can also be used in gynaecomastia operations in men. Fat removal with liposuction is recommended to people with oversize breasts as well. This way, the oversize breasts in men are reduced and a fit look is created.
Effects of Liposuction
The fat cells in the human body are growing when a person gains weight. Over distributed fat deposits can change the body shape and can make body contour thicker. By doing liposuction you can get rid of that distributional fat cells over the body and after this procedure your body will become more aesthetic. Our doctor can combine the skin tightening procedure immediately after the liposuction procedure. While removing the fat deposits from the determined areas the treated area skin may stay loose, to prevent the skin quality deformation our doctor may need to manipulate the skin with few techniques. These techniques can be invasive or non-invasive. If you had cellulitis or cracks lipo can not treat this problem, after operation you will have the same problem. This procedure is just about replacing the fat deposit and shaping the body.
How is liposuction applied?
Before the liposuction operation, the patient and physician discuss how much fat is to be removed from which region. The application site is marked. Depending on the fat to be removed, the operation may be realized under local or general anesthesia. Lipo is usually performed under general anesthesia, but there are special cases (for example, liposuction of the chin) that can be performed under local anesthesia.Tiny incisions are made in the application site. Then, a solution containing salt and water is transferred to fat cells through this incision. This solution will help fats to dissolve faster and will make the operation easier. Fats dissolved are taken out through thin cannulas. Incisions are closed with aesthetic sutures and the operation is completed.
Who is a good candidate for Liposuction?
Healthy non-smokers with a BMI (body mass index) of 30 or below are generally good candidates for liposuction. If you are looking for a slimming solution or cellulite treatment, liposuction is not the best choice.
If the patient has good skin elasticity, he will have a really good result. If the patient has poor elasticity, like a woman who has had a multiple pregnancy, and the skin on her abdomen is too stretched, the skin will not contract – and it will remain sagging.
Tip: To check the elasticity of your skin, do a pinch test. If the skin relaxes quickly enough, it is likely to have sufficient elasticity to provide a good result.
How does liposuction work?
Liposuction is performed either under local anesthesia and intravenous sedation (for a small area) or under general anesthesia, depending on the area and scope of the operation. Epidural anesthesia can be used for liposuction of the lower body. In this case, anesthetic is injected into the epidural space around the dura mater, or a fluid-filled sac, around the spine. This partially turns off the sensitivity of the abdomen and legs. Local anesthesia can be used when liposuction is performed on very small areas.
The procedure takes one to four hours and most patients experience impressive results immediately after surgery. This is why so many doctors and patients choose to perform liposuction instead of non-surgical procedure, which usually requires at least two sessions to see any results.
Liposuction is usually combined with other aesthetic surgeries, such as a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) or a breast lift (mastopexy), often as part of the Mommy Makeover complex.
In most types of liposuction, the removed fat can also be cleaned and transferred (lipofilling) to the face, buttocks, breasts, or other areas to create more volume.
For a very small area, the procedure can take as little as 30 minutes, while 360 liposuction, which includes the abdomen, sides and back, takes three to four hours.
Where is liposuction applied?
Liposuction of breeches zone.In the first place according to statistics is the appealability of the “breeches” zone (outer thighs).The peculiarity of this zone is that it is here that an overdeveloped area of excess adipose tissue is sometimes observed, up to the formation of a skin fold under it. This is the hardest option. Here it is very important to decide whether it is possible to promise the complete removal of “breeches” only with the help of liposuction. It is necessary to assess the possibility, to do it in one step, or to warn in advance about the need for a two-step approach, so as not to get excess skin, which may not shrink in the future. In rare cases, it may be necessary, simultaneously with liposuction, to perform excision of excess skin. In simpler cases, do not remove too much adipose tissue. It is in the “breeches” zone that fat is based on a fairly flat surface, which is formed by the muscles of the thigh. And if the fat layer, especially in the lower third of the thigh, is completely removed, it threatens to fix the skin to the muscle, which entails a number of troubles.
- Liposuction of the “flank” zone.The second most popular is the so-called “flank” zone. These are the same fatty “buns” that very often hang around the waist. This is probably the safest area, the fastest way to assess the effect.
- Liposuction of the inner thighs. In third place are the zones of the inner thighs. There are two of them on each side. The upper one is closer to the groin fold. The lower one is closer to the knees. Most often they have to be cleaned together. But, often, only one of two things. As for the upper zone, here for liposuction it is just as important to assess the condition of the skin as in the “breeches” zone. Great care should be taken with liposuction in patients over fifty years of age. Since the elasticity of the skin is lost with age. If the skin does not shrink, excess skin may form and need to be excised. At the same time, in some cases, the doctor cannot accurately guarantee these excesses are formed or the skin will shrink. Therefore, you may be offered to perform liposuction as the first stage, and if necessary, the second – skin excision. And it is right.
- Liposuction of inner thighs. As for the lower zones of the inner surfaces of the thighs, it is important to recognize whether these “humpbacks” between the knees, hated by patients, are not a consequence of the structural features of bones and muscles. These factors are always present to one degree or another, so it is important to show before the operation what can be done with liposuction, so that there is no illusion about the narrowing of the bones.
- Liposuction of the abdomen (anterior abdominal wall). Very often, both men and women apply for liposuction of the abdomen (anterior abdominal wall). And the percentage of those who undergo this operation is not very high. The reason is that the roundness of the abdomen does not always appear only due to excess fat, but rather due to the stretching of the muscles of the anterior abdominal wall. And in this case, if you do liposuction, the effect will be minimal. But where there is no spherical abdomen in a relaxed state of the press, and there is only an excess of fat, liposuction is the only effective method.
- Liposuction of hump. It would be incomplete to discuss liposuction without focusing on the fat hump. For some reason, it is more often called “climacteric”. In some publications, it is recognized as unpromising for liposuction. Our opinion is that if you have been excluded as the main reason for its appearance – the curvature of the cervicothoracic spine, liposuction can relieve the “hump”.
- Suprasacral Liposuction. Also, a fatty lump is often found in the suprasacral region, just above the intergluteal fold. There is always very dense and hard-to-remove fat. But nothing except liposuction will help get rid of it.
- Liposuction in the face and sub-chin area
- Liposuction in the face and in the submental area is rarely performed by us as a separate operation. Most often, in these areas, liposuction is performed in place with a face skin tightening and is considered as one of its stages.
Liposuction and taboo areas.
Are there any taboo zones? Today, there are many opinions on this matter. If you look at the literature, then those who are currently the undisputed authorities in the field of liposuction always point to the existence of such zones. In our opinion, it is not worth abolishing taboo zones. These include:
1.the front of the thighs;
- anterior and posterior surface of the lower leg;
- both surfaces of the forearms.
It will take a long time to explain the reasons. Are there exceptions to the rule? There are, but rarely.
Liposuction recovery process
Liposuction procedure takes around 3 or 5 hours, but it may be more depending on the amount treated areas. You will be staying at the hospital one day after the operation under the doctor and nurses control. You will be wearing a special compression corset to improve the recovery process. Minimum time duration for wearing the corset is 30 days, it may be more depending on doctor decision and operation. It will help to get rid of oedema fast and shape the body contour.
You can see the final result after a month.
It is compulsory to wear an elastic bandage or special underwear, purchased in advance, within the terms set by the plastic surgeon. Unauthorized removal or alteration of bandages and linen is not allowed.
- In the area of the operation, seals may form, which gradually decrease and disappear within 1-2 months. As a result of the formation of channels in the fatty tissue, blood and tissue fluid accumulate there, which, according to the doctor’s decision, can be removed by puncture within 1-4 weeks or gradually dissolve on their own, bruising occurs, which disappears within 2-4 weeks.
- In some cases, with extensive treatment of the thighs and lower legs, it is possible that the swelling of the tissues of the foot and ankle area persists for several weeks after the liposuction operation.
How much does liposuction cost?
For Ministry of Health-accredited centers, it is not legal to specify prices on their website. Therefore, please dial 0212 241 46 24 to contact our polyclinic and get information on our Liposuction prices.