Thigh lift surgery (femoroplasty) is an aesthetic surgery that is performed to remove excess saggy skin folds, formed by reduced elasticity. It is possible to restore hip contour and thigh lift to eliminate cosmetic imperfections. If there is excess fat liposuction can be performed together to the legs, with thigh lift .
The inner surface of the thigh folds can cause psychological discomfort caused by chafing and also cause medical problems. In such a situation, quite often diaper rash appears and an inflammatory process is going on, which adversely affects skin color.
How is Thigh Lift Performed?
The main purpose of the procedure is to remove sagging caused by skin stretching and the formation of ugly inner leg folds. Additionally, a thigh lift may follow:
- Creates perfect inner leg and outer leg contour
- Reduce the circumference of the thighs
- Create perfect ratio of hips and buttocks
It should be noted that thigh lifts do not provide the removal of fat deposits in the thighs. For this purpose, liposuction, which can be applied in the same session with thigh lift, is used. In addition, butt lift, tummy tuck and gluteoplasty can be performed with this plastic surgery.
The implementation of the entire thigh lift procedure directly depends on the identified problems, the characteristics of the cosmetic problems and the wishes of the patient. Before the operation, the patient’s health status, possible contraindications and age restrictions are taken into account.
Types of Thigh Lift (Femoroplasty)
Thigh lift operation, which is performed to remove excess skin and sagging, is performed by creating incisions on the inner part of the thigh or in the groin area. Depending on the method of surgical intervention, it is called median, vertical and combined femoroplasty. Each thigh lift option has its own characteristics:
- median method. This procedure is applied with an incision made from the thigh area. The peculiarity of the method is that the cut is made from the natural fold along the junction of the thigh with the torso, and the resulting scar is hidden within the definition of the underwear.
- vertical way. In this case, a long vertical incision is made along the inner surface of the thigh region of the leg during the operation. The incision is made over the inner region of the knee and along the thigh region, creating a visible scar that is difficult to hide. This thigh lift method is used in cases where the thigh sagging cannot be corrected with other methods.
- Combined thigh lift. In this case, two incisions are made – in the groin and on the inner thigh. At the same time, the incision along the thigh is significantly smaller than in the case of vertical femoroplasty.
Which method will be applied while doing thigh lift depends on the amount of sagging problem. For example, if there is sagging only in the upper medial part, then only the medial technique is cut and stretching is applied along this scar. In case of sagging and folds over the entire surface of the inner thigh, only a vertical thigh lift or a combined thigh lift is recommended.
Non- Surgical thigh lift: are there alternative methods?
Today, slight sagging in the thigh can be corrected by using technological devices using radiofrequency, but the level of sagging is important here. If there is excess sagging and skin folds, surgery is the only applicable method. Thigh lift is only applied to patients who expect a fully stretched thigh area aesthetically. No non-surgical method can achieve the result of surgery.
What to Do Before a Thigh Lift?
A complete medical preparation is absolutely necessary before plastic surgery operations. After a full medical examination, necessary tests are taken. If necessary, depending on your general health, consultation from different branches may be requested. Since the operation will be performed under anesthesia, anesthesia consultation is absolutely necessary.
It is important to note that the patient should abstain from alcohol and smoking approximately two to three weeks before the surgery. In addition, it is necessary to discontinue the use of drugs that reduce blood coagulation. In addition to prescription drugs, vitamins, nutritional supplements and some teas also cause blood thinning. These must be deactivated beforehand.
Who is Suitable for Thigh Lift?
Thigh Lift, in its simplest terms, is recommended for people who have excess skin on their inner thighs. In addition, excess skin can cause folds, thickening and even color changes. The most important factor when deciding on the operation is the loss of elasticity of the skin.
Professionally performed thigh lift will allow you to get rid of aesthetic defects along the outer and back lines of the thigh with skin tightening.
The most common causes of thigh sagging and loss of elasticity of the thigh skin can occur due to the following abnormalities:
- A rapid weight loss of 15-25 kilograms in 1 year.
- Changes in the volume of fat in the body, especially in the inner thigh area, caused by hormonal imbalances, pregnancy and childbirth.
- Age-related changes in the body that contribute to a decrease in skin elasticity.
- Generally, the appearance of skin defects along the inner thigh contour.
- Generally, low physical activity and excess weight.
In addition, skin sagging may occur due to decreased elasticity when weight is lost with advancing age. Thigh lift is an operation generally preferred by women. It is a completely women’s operation. Generally, sagging is not seen in these areas even as men age. The most important reason for this is that the distribution of body fat in men and women is in different regions. The fact is that women have a large number of fat stores, which are located precisely in the thigh area.
Contraindications for surgery
This plastic surgery is contraindicated in the following cases:
- Diabetes mellitus
- Heart diseases
- Circulatory failure
- Varicose veins
- Low blood clotting
- Renal and hepatic failure
- Breast Feeding
Rehabilitation After Thigh Lift
There is no need to stay in the hospital for a long time after the thigh lift operation. The hospital stay is 2 nights. You can then go home. In this process, it is extremely important that you follow the instructions until you go to the doctor’s control. After 7 days, you should go to your doctor and follow up the operation. During the control, the treatment and control appointment plan is determined according to the patient’s condition. In this period, it is necessary to pay attention to a few important points in order to accelerate the recovery;
- Wear special compression stockings or corsets for 6-8 weeks. Do not remove your corset until your doctor recommends it to you.
- Reduce exercise and physical activity, plan exercises to increase over time in line with your doctor’s recommendations
- Properly apply the treatment on your prescription
Thigh Lift Prices
Thigh lift cost may vary depending on the type of operation and the degree of sagging. At the same time, other factors affecting the thigh lift Turkey prices depend on the experience of the doctor and the quality of the hospital. You can contact us to learn about Thigh Lift Turkey prices.